Harrison, Temblador, Hungerford & Johnson provides complete environmental and natural resources counsel. The firm’s clients include mining companies operating at the local, regional, national, and international level, regional and national construction companies, industrial manufacturers, energy producers, insurance firms, and local governments. We understand the unique economic and strategic challenges that our clients must navigate. We also bring strong relationships with respected engineers, geologists, biologists and other consultants and can help apply those resources in service of our clients. We have special expertise in the major environmental review laws, NEPA and CEQA, and can provide clients with real-world strategies to move through the environmental review process as efficiently as possible.
Our expertise includes the following:
- Representation before federal, state and local regulatory bodies, including before U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, U.S. EPA; State and Regional Water Boards, Air Districts, California Fish & Wildlife Service, California Coastal Commission, and other agencies
- Representation of clients charged with environmental violations, including administrative civil liability complaints and actions initiated under private attorney general statutes (citizen-suits)
- Representation throughout remediation of contaminated properties, including oversight of Phase I and Phase 2 investigations and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Representation of clients in claims under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA); the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA); the Clean Water Act (CWA); California’s Porter-Cologne Water Quality Control Act; California’s Hazardous Substances Control Act, and Proposition 65.
- Counsel clients respecting federal and state laws governing hazardous waste management and disposal, solid waste management, air emission requirements, water discharge and pollution requirements, storm water management, contamination and spill reporting obligations, underground storage tank requirements, groundwater and water resource management