Associate Attorney sought by Harrison, Temblador, Hungerford & Johnson LLP (HTHJ) in Sacramento, CA. (Multiple openings available)
The position requires a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree, plus one (1) year of experience in environmental law or policy. Employer will accept a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in lieu of a J.D.
Experience must include six (6) months in analyzing, reviewing, and revising analytical sections of environmental documents, including initial study, environmental assessment, environmental impact report and statement, and negative declaration for compliance with the law.
* Specific skills: Position also requires education or experience in:
- Analyzing and interpreting local, state, and federal environmental laws, including CEQA and NEPA;
- Analyzing and summarizing complex legal documents, including environmental documents, and suggesting changes to those documents;
- Handling matters relating to environmental and land use permitting, including researching general and specific plans;
- Researching legal questions and drafting legal memoranda related to CEQA, the California Public Records Act, the Administrative Procedure Act, and the State Contract Act; and
- Researching global trends in environmental policy and litigation.
Must be an active member of the California bar.
* Any level of knowledge, experience and/or coursework in the specific skills is acceptable.
Send resume to: Adam Guernsey, Harrison, Temblador, Hungerford & Johnson LLP, 2801 T Street, Sacramento, CA 95816
No calls or emails, please.